Recent Places

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Casper, WY

photo 2My Uncle Steve is on a 50-state marathon tour, and finished number 19 today in Casper, crossing Wyoming off of his list. Pretty cool goal. I came over from Jackson and spent the day with him and my Aunt Diane. Really great to catch up. Not a lot to speak of in Casper, it is a small down with a 2-block downtown and an oil mining heritage. We walked through Fort Caspar and its museum to learn a little history about the settlement in the mid-1800s.

Edit: Forgot to mention, we had a nice dinner at Poor Boy's Steakhouse. Steve and I tried Bull Fries, which are sliced bull testicles, breaded and fried. It was fine, tasted like breaded chicken (more breading than meat), and dipped in cocktail sauce was really quite edible. My mind was ready for the worst, and I was really surprised that it was nothing, just normal meat dish.

WP_20140601_002

No comments :

Post a Comment