Recent Places

Friday, April 18, 2014

A road trip needs a car

Thus begins the outfitting for my journey. A 2010 Subaru Forester.

Subaru are an interesting make - they have their niche and they aren't trying to be #1 in the market. I really respect them for that. My requirements were good cargo capacity, efficient to operate, and 4WD (I do hope to find some offroad terrain along the way).

The 2.5L boxer engine with a manual transmission makes this the snappiest car I've ever owned. Puts my E36's 1.9L to shame.

Oh - and driving on the right side of the road. It's a trip adjusting again. Mostly okay, after all I grew up on this side of the road, but occasionally, especially when I'm turning left and there are no other cars on the road, I aim for the wrong spot.

No comments :

Post a Comment