Recent Places

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The End

I came into Seattle for a job interview, landed it, and am now calling it home. I spent the weekend after accepting the offer running around exploring neighborhoods as quickly as possible, and then focused on finding a place. I ended up finding a bungalow converted into a duplex in Ballard that was available immediately and rented out the first floor plus basement/garage level. I moved very quickly! You can learn a bit more about the job on Linked In, but as far as this public blog is concerned that's all I share.

What a trip it was. In then end, sporadic access to hot showers, being tired of being behind the wheel, and a readiness for continuity drove me to get off the road. After feeling unsettled since I started planning a return to the US in February, I'm now very eager to feel "settled" again and have moved quickly to make that happen. It does feel good to be back at a place called home, reunited with some nice furniture, and just four hours by plane from my family. Weekend trips to visit are possible for the first time in three years, and just keeping in contact on close time zones is already making a huge impact to how I perceive this as "home."

Parting words of wisdom? Live the question. Every day is a new year. Now is the time.

I didn't know what I sought when I set out on this trip, but I knew that it would be good for me, and so I took off and explored myself and the world, looking for answers to questions I didn't know. I saw the opportunity for extended travel—and seized it. I took the time to reflect and set new goals; there's no need to wait for a new year to set a resolution, go and get it. I wanted a certain type of job at a certain type of company where I could be part of "defining the future." As ambiguous as that was, I went after it deliberately, methodically, and I achieved it. Your life, your future, are unwritten—go and write the future that you deserve.

And with that, I'll wrap up this blog. Keep in touch via email, Linked In or Facebook.

And they all lived happily ever after.
The end.

Photo Credit: howardignatius

No comments :

Post a Comment